Stream now through your web browser
Alex is a marine biologist and president of the Massachusetts Freedivers Spearfishing Club. Alex discusses what its like to dive and spearfish in New England, including some of the tournaments that encourage new divers, resources for getting great advice on gear, challenges with the low visibility common to New England waters, and his favorite species to take home for dinner.
For anyone interested in getting started in freediving or spearfishing, this podcast is for you. Seasoned divers will enjoy Alex’s stories of fish behaviors and lessons learned over the years.
Links mentioned in this episode
- Freediving and Spearfishing Clubs
- Massachusetts Freedivers Spearfishing Club (Facebook Page)
- Empire State Freedivers (New York)
- Tri State Freedivers (Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York)
- Rhode Island Freediving Club
- American Academy of Underwater Sciences
- Where to get freediving and spearfishing gear